Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Company has shown up for dinner.. Unexpectedly.. A meal for 11 all from food storage and in 15 minutes

Company just showed up in this case it was my daughter and her two children plus my son-in-laws brother and 2 nephews.  That made 11 counting us.  I did not have anything thawed out for a meal so I went to the food storage and this is what I came up with:
Chipped beef with gravy over noodles and corn

Chipped Beef over noodles
4 jars of home-canned beef
8 packets brown gravy mix
a handfull of dehydrated onions

Put the beef into a pot and the water for the gravy mix (1 cup for each package), the gravy mix and the dried onions whisk until smooth.  Turn on medium heat and heat until boiling and the gravy thickens.

Boil egg noodles and drain when they are done

Serve the beef and gravy over the noodles

Corn

3 cans of corn
Butter (optional)
Sugar
Salt to taste

Drain corn, add 1 stick of butter, 3 tablespoons sugar and salt to taste.  Heat

This entire meal took 15 minutes to make and came entirely from my food storage.  Everyone was telling me "wow this is good"  Then I told them it came entirely from the food storage and they could not believe it.  I made the entire meal in 15 minutes that is why I call this "convenience food", nothing came out of the fridge and everything came out of my food storage.  I had eleven very happy tummies and leftovers for the next day.  Just because it is in your food storage does not mean that it should be difficult to prepare or bad tasting.

Store what you eat and eat what you store.



No comments:

Post a Comment